Saturday, May 10, 2014

Moms

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a mom. I'm well aware of and totally in love with Drayson. But I'm realizing that I haven't felt like I've earned those stripes yet, the ever powerful and sacred title that is MOM. I've been pooped on, thrown up on, drooled on, cried on, boogered on, crawled on, etc. But that's like...mommy 101 basics. I ask Drayson everyday to be patient with me because even these 101 basics make me lose my cool sometimes. I have so much to learn and go through still with my little buddy. Every time I see my mom interact with him though, I am reminded of how to do it. She is the most loving, patient, protective, caring, thoughtful, and beautiful Mom I know. The best example I could ask for. She makes one hell of an awesome Grandma too.

I've put my mom through a lot. I'm a red head. I had some major red head rage when I was younger. I even remember her trying to brush my hair and me screaming at her, telling her I hated her. I had an evil streak but she kept me anyway. I strapped her into my roller coaster of emotions that is me and she stands here still by my side. I've always been a needy child. Now that I have my own child I feel even needier. How can I possibly be even half as great as a mom to Drayson as she was and is to me?? I will keep trying every day.

I used to think all moms were like my mom. I have come to realize that I am SPOILED. If I could share my mom with everyone I would. I would want to make sure that everyone could experience the love that my mom has for her kids and two new grand-babies for themselves. Bottle it up some how and share the wealth.

Listen, I just love Moms. I am a Mom. Like a princess mom...and my mom is the queen mom...she is training me well. But seriously, Mommy.....I love you so much. I know you always say you learned from the best. There is a HUGE part of you that is my dear sweet sanctuary guardian angel grandma Devona (I am missing her oh so much too p.s.). But there's another part of you that is just YOU. And YOU are amazing by nature. Some things can't be taught ya know? You just have it. That X factor... Mama style.

To Drayson....I am honored to be your Mom. Thank you for choosing me...thank you for loving me and needing me and giving my life more purpose than I ever knew it could posses and more love than I ever knew I could feel. Mwah! xoxoxo

Happy Mother's Day to all Mamas!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment